Kanalbyen will be a vivid and sustainable urban district with a clear and highly appealing identity of its own combined with a great respect for what is already here.
The vision of Kanalbyen is that the new urban district:
- Is both compelling and innovative as well as respectful of the old part of Fredericia
- Lets the quality of life go hand in hand with great quality in townbuilding keeping a keen eye on tomorrows possibilities
- Sees active participation from the citizens, commerce and culture in Fredericia as an asset and as a necessity for good development
- Creates a new role for Fredericia as a key player in the Triangle Area's competition with Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark
- Incorporates state of the art sustainability in economy, climate and health in both planning and solutions
The development plan of the Canal District of Fredericia applies its concept to translate the vision with its five vision points into a coherent physical structure for the urban district and a strategic plan for the development.